Tranter is a global engineering and manufacturing group specializing in thermal management in the process industries, district heating and within the building envelope.
Tranter has been responsible for more than forty years of design, manufacture and service of plate heat exchangers, providing a product that ensures high efficiency, easy maintenance, and that is always in conformity with the requirements of customers.
The plate heat exchangers Tranter operate by performing an exchange of the heat from a single liquid to another, or from a vapor to a liquid.
The plate heat exchangers Tranter are available in a wide variety of configurations thanks to their modular design which – combining frames, plates and connections – enables simple disassembly and easy maintenance.
The plate heat exchangers Tranter are suitable for uses in which temperature and operating pressure are respectively lower than 180 °C (356 °F) and 27.5 bar (400 psi). Moreover, it is highly recommended to choose the plate heat exchangers when you need:
- Reduced costs
- Corrosion resistance
- Energy conservation and recovery of heat from a low-level effluent steam
- Long thermal activity
- Solution for small temperature differences
Thanks to their reduced weight and size, the plate heat exchangers Tranter are easy to transport and assemble, and they are suitable for use in small spaces.
The plate heat exchangers Tranter can be made using different types of plates, thus being suitable for a wide range of applications and adapting with the maximum of flexibility to the particular conditions of the process.
The wide range of plate heat exchangers Tranter includes:
- Wide-gap plates for viscous fluids or slurries and herringbone pattern plates for regular industrial fluids suitable for high heat transfer rates at low pressure drops.
- Mixed Ultraflex high-and low-NTU pattern plates result in an exchanger with maximum efficiency and with the lowest possible heat transfer area, because the thermal and the hydraulic requirements can be optimized for best utilization of available pressure drops.
- Tranter double-wall plates provide double security against intermixing, even in the event of plate rupture. Each plate consists of two identical plates welded together around the four portholes so that any leaks through the plates flow to the exterior to the inter-plate space instead of contaminating the other channel.
The plates may be made of any metal that can be cold pressoformare, among which stainless steels (304, 316, 317, etc.); titanium; Monel®; nickel; alloys 825, 20Cb-3, B-2 and C-276; and a variety of other materials. Plates are available in sizes ranging from 0.06 m2 (0.64 ft2) to 4.41 m2 (47.5 ft2) and in thicknesses from 0.4 mm (0.016 in.) to 1.0 mm (0.039 in.).
Quality compounded gasket materials include NBR, EPDM, Viton, Neoprene, Butyl, Hypalon, Teflon-encapsulated NBR and others, specified to match your process conditions, to maximum operating temperatures of 180°C (356°F).