The BARTON® Model 7400 Precision Turbine flowmeters are designed for gas service in a wide range of industrial, commercial, pipeline and aerospace applications. Because the output from the pickup coil is digital, Model 7400 meters are an excellent match for electronic output devices — no analog to digital conversion is required. The rotor response is in milliseconds, providing precise metering in applications with rapidly changing flow patterns.
- High accuracy – Custody transfer quality measurements with ±0.2% of flow rate repeatability and a single K-factor linearity of better than ±1.0% of reading over flow range.
- Wide application – Metering of gases from oxygen to ethylene for natural gas production, gas transmission, petrochemical, transport, aerospace and petroleum production/refining industries.
- Responsive – A major advantage over other primary flow devices. Rotor response in milliseconds provides precision even in rapidly changing environments.
- High frequency digital output – Easy interface with digital equipment.
- Wide rangeability – Depending on the flowing gas density, the meter often provides a turndown ratio greater than 10:1. Rangeability is extended with the addition of optional linearizing electronics.
- Wide temperature and pressure ranges – Flexible measurement options.
- Symmetrical bi-directional design – Ideal for reverse flow applications in which flow capacities are the same in either direction. Electronic options provide instantaneous flow direction sensing.
- Compact and efficient – Compared to other precision metering techniques, Barton turbine meters are able to handle a larger flow rate in a smaller meter and at a lower pressure drop. With the use of reduced diameter block valves and meter runs, substantial installation cost savings are achieved.
- Low maintenance – Sealed self-lubricating bearings for maintenance-free operation for typically up to 10 years.
- Preventive maintenance – Weldneck flange or unibody construction makes stress corrosion cracking easy to detect with a simple X-ray (unlike a welded slip-on flange).
- Convenient packaging options – Save time and money by ordering a meter system. The meter, companion electronics and meter run are factory assembled, configured and shipped to you, ready for installation.
- Integral pressure tap – Precisely positioned to accommodate pressure measurement at the turbine meter.
- Mounting flexibility – Meter can be installed in any orientation.